Saturday, January 24, 2009

budget busted!!

So I am a little ahead. This week has been a crazy one. My company announced on Thursday major cuts in salesforce, so I am a little off. Friday after a day of home study and waiting by the phone (no word yet, will know by Wednesday) I had to get out of the house. Sober for 6+ years a drink was not an option, so I went shopping. First to Old Navy. Going in I told myself that I could spend $25. I spent $26.18. But I got a bunch of stuff including a birthday present for my sister.

Since I was in Franklin I decided to go into Aldi, no plan in place just needing to blow off some steam. I spent $63 dollars, but I do not need to go to the grocery this weekend for next week.

Finally, I transfered 3 Rx today and got $80 in CVS gift cards, so if I do have an emergency this week it will not be an out of pocket expense!! (milk, diapers, wipes)

So for the month... $251.45 I went over my $240 budget but not bad!!

Now for fun this week I went to Rite Aid and got lip gloss, mascera, and bronzer all for a grand total of $1. I love pairing a coupon with a clearence item!

I am so excited that I had so many friends come to Kelly's Grocery Class this week. It is so motivating to me to have more friends to talk to about saving money.

2 comments:

  1. well now i know where my bday present will be from...hope you enjoyed a quiet afternoon of one child!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it was Hayley!! But that is a good idea, I should go back.

    ReplyDelete