Sunday, January 11, 2009

january budget so far...


So I decided to try something new this week. Each day John and I have to take out all of our receipts out and write them down on a grid I drew out. This way we can see where we are blowing money. I am not sure if this is the best time of year to do this though because John is stocked up on gift cards. I on the other hand do not have any. I spent all of mine on Draper's new bedding. Go figure!

I have set a monthly budget of $240 on grocery expenses. This is to include paper products and get this diapers for Draper. So as of today I have a Publix of 28.71 (saved 18) and a Harris Teeter of 14.16 (saved 9). Not bad just over $42 for the week and I bought ground beef, milk, 2 whole chickens, case of H2O and chicken breast to name a few things. Now on Saturday I did go to CVS for diapers and tp (also bought shaving cream, soap, and milk) here I actually spent $32 and saved $21, but I do not have to write that one down since it was last week! So I really spent $74 for the week. Last week was $69. I am OVER for the month by $23, but I am soo stocked up on paper goods and meat, I think I can catch up over the next 2 weeks.

I am on track with my new years resolution day 11 of the year, and I have not bought a single item of clothes for the girls!! I did buy myself a cute shirt on sale at Kayce Hughes for $25! check out link, another great Nashville company. my treat!

1 comment: