Monday, January 19, 2009

budget update

So remember last week John and I had to write down all of our purchases. So here is the results:
Jennie $229.54
John $166.20
I do not think the week results are real fair since I have grocery trips and Target shopping on mine. John's expenses do cover $70 worth of tickets for Valentines Day and my birthday, so I guess his is a little off also. We (and I mean John and I) actually liked the accountability of writing down the $ we spend on a daily basis and have continued this for this week. So I will update you. Next week should be much lower since I will not be shopping at Target, but I must say I love having a fully stocked gift closet for the spring and the majority of my Christmas shopping done!

So yesterday I went to Publix. Good news I was able to come in under my $60 goal which is good since I am over for the month. SPENT $44.58 SAVED $47! Over 50% savings! Now if I could just keep John out of Costco. One of my friends told me she stopped membership to keep her husband out! He found out when he was trying to pay! I love it. Watch out John you may be next!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment