Wednesday, January 21, 2009

dinner

CrockPot Chicken ‘n Dumplins

2-3 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes/halves
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 large onion, diced
4 T Butter, sliced
Salt & Pepper to taste
1-2 cups water
1 can biscuits (10 pack)

  1. Put chicken breasts cut into halves in the crock pot. And cover with remaining ingredients, except for biscuits.
  2. Cover and cook on high for 5 hours.
  3. The last 30 min. you will take the cheap canned biscuits and tear in halves or thirds and drop it on top of the cooked chicken liquid and cover again and let puff up for about 30 min
I love to have a crock pot meal each week. Easy and not much clean up. I stole this one off of Kelly's website, www.faithfulprovisions.com The entire family loved it! Now since I work I did modify the time to start it before work and finish 9 hours later. I put it on low for the time I was gone and then switched it to high and put in the dough for about 40 minutes. I also did not cube the chicken. Too messy and too much time in the morning. I just shredded it when I got home by pulling it apart with tongs.

Another easy idea that my sister in law taught me a few years ago is:
  1. 1 lb of chicken breast
  2. 1 can salsa
  3. 1 can of black olives
put in on high for 6 hours, shred and put over rice or use for tacos! Super easy!! We have this one weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment